The Websites are designed in such a way that none of your payment information is stored. When you make online purchases through the Websites, all your credit card payments are processed by a highly secure online payment gateway brought to you by the State Bank of Mauritius. GML warrants that the Websites will never access to your credit card details.
The Websites are not intended for minors, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to minors.
[Gamma Materials Ltd]
Telephone: 6016000 / 6016800
Address: 1St Floor, Le Hub, Industrial Zone, Phoenix, Mauritius
1.5. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. You have the duty to inform us as soon as possible if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
1.6. The Websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. By clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you.
2. What do we collect?
2.1. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about you from which you can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymised).
2.2. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kind of personal data about you, including but not limited to:
- Identity data, which includes your first name, last name, username or similar identifier;
- Contact data, which includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number;
- Profile data, which includes the history of your purchases or orders;
- And other information relevant to customer surveys.
2.3. GML does not collect special category of personal data about you such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions and information about your health.
3. How do we collect your personal data?
3.1. We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions where you may provide us with your personal data by filing in forms, by writing to us by post or email, by phone conversation or otherwise; and
4. How do we use your personal data?
4.1. GML will only use your personal data in accordance with the applicable laws in Mauritius.
4.2. Generally, we will use your personal data:
- to register you as a new customer;
- to perform a contract, we are about to enter into or have entered with you (e.g. contract for the supply of goods or services, delivery of your order);
- where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
4.3. The purposes for which we will use your personal data include but is not limited to:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products and services;
- Informing you periodically via emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think might be interesting for you;
- Contacting you, from time to time, for market research or customer surveys;
- Customising the Websites according to your interests.
4.4. We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how GML will decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
4.5. You can ask GML to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links or unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
5. Disclosures of your Personal Data
5.1. We will not sell, distribute, lease or transfer your personal data to third parties unless we have your consent or are required by law to do so.
5.2. However, we may, in accordance with the purposes for which we use your personal data, share your personal data with:
- other companies in the GML’s group of companies (as defined under the Companies Act 2001);
- service providers who provide management services, marketing services, IT and system administration services;
- professional advisers including lawyers, auditors and insurers.
5.3. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers or advisers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. Data Security
6.1. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
6.2. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect about you.
7. Data Retention
7.1. We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
7.2. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
8. Failure to provide your Personal Data
8.1. Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us.
9. Your Rights
9.1. You have the right to request access to your personal data and to be provided with a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
9.2. You have the right to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you so that we can correct any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you.
9.3. You have the right to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
9.4. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights.
9.5. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
10. Governing Law